Tuesday 23 September 2014

Year 12 skills development.

Year 12 skills development 

How creative were you last year?

I shared my ideas and thoughts in the group when filming. In the group I made sure that my group and I had a variety of camera shots to choose from when we put our film together.

What digital technology did you use last year?

Last year I used a camera to film along with a tripod to support the camera from shaking when filming, a phone to take pictures of the characters to include them in my character profile (to introduce the characters), and a Mac computer to use the Final Cut Pro software to put the scenes in the right order together. There are many sections to choose from such as special effects, transitions, sounds/sound effects, you can cut some scenes/ trim, change a person's action to slow or fast motion. There are so many options to choose from to make a great video. I learnt a lot on how to produce a film. 

what research and planning did you do last year in order to be successful?

I researched on different types of thriller films as we had to focus on the thriller genre, however we decided to use sub-genre which is combing two genres together. Example: Thriller and Romance. I researched on different thriller films in order to pick up ideas for my film and to have an idea of a story-line. As a group we managed to use our unique ideas, not just the ideas we found from other thriller films. In our planning we included what the narrative could be, what costumes could be worn and explained why, the type of make-up that was put in our planning was a pale look of the victim to signify that he/ she is terrified and traumatized to what could happen as  the opening title sequence is about a protagonist killing victims and keeping there bodies in a basement. 


What conventions did you apply to your coursework?



In my coursework I spoke about what angles and shots I used in my opening title sequence and I explained why they were used.  Example|: a close up shot was used in my opening title sequence to see the characters facial expressions and reaction which is called a reaction shot.  
In my opening title sequence a shadow effect was used by putting the camera in a certain angle for the characters shadow to be shown. Furthermore, in our theme we included suspense, chase, crime and supernatural events to make it more realistic. Character, feeling thrillers create, i8conography










These are examples of thriller genre films.








No comments:

Post a Comment